Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mythbuntu 12.04 and the mythfilldatabase bug - SOLVED!

I had a bit of a scare the past few days when I suddenly realized my MythTV HTPC was showing only 6 days of programming info. Searching various forums indicated that this was not uncommon, and the solutions, even over a year since these reports started to flood in, were not clear, and in fact, most suggestions were either horribly complicated or virtually ineffective. After hours of searching, checking settings, checking file permissions, emailing back and forth with Schedules Direct, I did finally fix the problem on my machine. In the event that my solution might actually help someone else avoid this type of HTPC angst, I'm posting it here-

For reference, I am running Mythbuntu 12.04 and myth .025, and I did a complete shutdown and reboot before proceeding with these steps-

1) Using a different computer, log into Schedules Direct, and select the resend lineups button
2) On the HTPC, shut down frontend and backend, go into backend setup
3) Manually check every channel to make sure none are using EID data
4) Clear and re-enter the password for logging into Schedules Direct (Data Direct), and made sure the user ID is correct
5) Download the lineup data from Schedules Direct
6) Match the correct lineup from the pull down to the correct source (I have two)
7) Repeat steps 4-6 for each additional source.
8) Exit the backend setup, then run mythfilldatabase.
9) Run mythfilldatabase a second time using the --dd-grab-all option
10) Restart the backend and the frontend and if all goes well, you should find all the listings were restored properly

All logos, trade names, trade marks, and photos of the same belong to their respective owners. The use of such material in this article falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment